Why study in Spain?
Según los principales rankings internacionales (THE, QS y ARWU-Shanghái) , las universidades españolas se encuentras posicionadas entre las mejores del mundo por disciplinas.
¿Cuáles son estas universidades? Puedes consultarlo en estas infografías:
- Infografías Proyecto PRISUE 2021: Generales 2021 (español, inglés) | Universidades con antigüedad inferior a 50 años (español, inglés) | Áreas de Conocimiento (español, inglés) | Disciplinas (QS Y ARWU-SHANGHAI) (español, inglés).
Proyecto PRISUE 2021. El SEPIE ha publicado un trabajo sobre el Posicionamiento y Reconocimiento Internacional del Sistema Universitario Español.
- Proyecto PRISUE 2021 Posicionamiento de las universidades españolas en los principales rankings internacionales.
- PRISUE report 2021 Positioning of Spanish Universities in the main international rankings.
Innovation and technology
- World leader in all phases of integrated water cycle management and first desalinated water producer in Europe, Latin America and the Middle East.
- No. 2 in Europe and no. 8 in the world in vehicle manufacturing.
- World leader in the production of commercial vehicles and technologies related to electric cars.
- No. 1 in Europe and no. 3 in the world in agrobiotechnology..
- No. 2 in the world for the most renewable energy patents per inhabitant.
- Second most spoken mother tongue in the world: more than 500 million people speak Spanish as their native language.
- Expanding global language: by 2050 more than 750 million people will speak Spanish.
- An increasingly studied language: almost 20 million students study Spanish as a foreign language.
How to study Spanish in your home country? The Cervantes Institute has more than 65 centres all over the world, as well as an Accreditation System for Institutions (SACIC).
How to study Spanish in Spain? Find your course using this Cervantes Institute search tool.
How to certify your knowledge of Spanish? The diplomas in Spanish as a Foreign Language (DELE) are official qualifications awarded by the Cervantes Institute.
Offer of training in English
- 283 bachelor's degrees with at least 30% of the programme in ENGLISH, 164 with at least 50% and 80 with 100%.
- 508 master's degrees with at least 30% of the programme in ENGLISH, 401 with at least 50% and 322 with 100%.
Go to the search tool for bachelor's degrees in English here.
Cultural and geographical wealth and diversity
- Second largest country in Western Europe and fifth most populated: 504,645 km2 and 46,528,966 inhabitants.
- Second most visited country by tourists per year: over 82 million in 2017.
- No. 3 in the world and no. 2 in Europe with regards to the number of UNESCO World Heritage Sites: 45 declared.
See the World Heritage sites at the following link.
Quality of life
- The average expenditure of a student or researcher in Spain is estimated to be below 1,000 euros per month, depending on the city.
- Enrolment for undergraduate studies at public Spanish universities costs between approximately 700 and 1,800 euros per year.
- Private universities set their own tuition fees and therefore the cost may be higher.
- The second safest country in the European Union: the crime rate has dropped by 7.4 points over the last 10 years.
See the estimated average price of basic goods and services in Spain at the following link. (Coming soon)
Facilitation regarding procedures
- Students from the European Union do not need a visa, and registration in the Central Register of Foreign Nationals is only necessary if the duration of the stay is longer than 3 months
- Students from countries outside the European Union must apply for a student visa, as it is not possible to enter Spain on a tourist visa and then apply for a student visa.
- There is a fast-track service for the admission of students onto international mobility programmes, Erasmus+ and others.
See the steps to follow in order to study in Spain on the following leaflet.
- Support and assistance for doubts concerning the Spanish University System and its internationalisation.
- Contact telephone numbers
Tlf: (+34) 91 377 83 05